​​​​    ​          ​​​​​​​​​​​

​(8) THE BOY SCOUTS’ CHAPEL

Location: Prënzebierg in Pétange

In memory of: members of the Boy Scouts

Inauguration: 1949

Artist: Claus Cito​

The St. Mary Boy Scouts’ ​Chapel at the “Prënzebierg” ​​in Pétange was erected in remembrance of those Boy Scouts who died during the German occupation. The chapel is near the Scouts’ chalet. Inside used to be a statue of the Virgin Mary created by Claus Cito.

After the original statue had been stolen, a Portuguese citizen replaced it with a statue of Our Lady of Fátima.​